Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Connecticut

Order in which state was run: 38



Order in which state was admitted into the union: 5



On a field of azure blue is an ornamental white shield with three grapevines, each bearing three bunches of purple grapes. The states motto "He who Transplanted Sustains Us" is displayed on a white ribbon. The vines stand for the first settlements of English people who began to move from Massachusetts in the 1630's. These settlements were thought of as grape vines that had been transplanted. Flag adopted 1897.



 
 
Date: October 10, 2009
Race: ING Hartford Half Marathon
City: Hartford
Cost: $61.80

Trip Report


ING Hartford was the first leg of my 2009 back to back half marathon weekend.  Of the 49 states that I've run in to date, I experienced my longest delays both flying and driving on my trip to Hartford.  I really enjoyed the race but didn't spend much time in Connecticut as I had a half marathon in Boston the next morning. 



Up next: Massachusetts

No comments: