Friday, November 15, 2013

Wisconsin

Order in which state was run: 26


Order in which state was admitted into the union: 30




Starting at the top of a shield on a dark blue field is the state motto "Forward". Below it is a badger the state animal. A sailor and miner show that the people work on water and land. The shield in the center shows Wisconsin's support for the United States. In four sections surrounding the shield are representations of the states main industries: agriculture, mining, manufacturing and navigation. The cornucopia and pile of lead represent farm products and minerals. The flag law was amended in 1979 to include the name of the state and the date of statehood.

 

Date: May 27, 2007
Race: Madison Half Marathon
City: Madison
Cost: $55.00
 
Madison marathon and half marathons were held late May combined with what was billed as the world's largest brat fest.  I had my first bratwurst that weekend.  I also continued my Frank Lloyd Wright tour visiting Taliesin home and grounds in Spring Green.  Wisconsin was the 25th state where I completed a half marathon; NYC marathon was run but did not count towards half 2 run's race requirements.  I received my Half 2 Run certificate and medal shortly after this race.
 
 


 
Half 2 Run medal and Certificate:
 
 

Up next: Minnesota

No comments: