Thursday, October 17, 2013

South Carolina

Order in which state was run: 22

Order in which state was admitted into the union: 8



Asked by the Revolutionary Council of Safety in the fall of 1775 to design a flag for the use of South Carolina troops, Col. William Moultrie chose a blue which matched the color of their uniforms and a crescent which reproduced the silver emblem worn on the front of their caps. The palmetto tree was added later to represent Moultrie's heroic defense of the palmetto-log fort on Sullivan's Island against the attack of the British fleet on June 28, 1776.
 


Date: February 10, 2007
Race: Hilton Head Island Half Marathon
City: Hilton Head Island
Cost: $33.00
 

 
HHI Half Marathon and 10k was a nice small race that had perfect running weather.  This is the only state where I have no race photo, there was no race medal, and I don't have my bib from the race.  However, this race is priceless in that it is my half marathon PR race.  The race wasn't chip timed, bag check for me was a tree near the start where I left the sweatshirt I wore until right before race start.  Temperatures stayed in the 40's with mist at the start of the race.
 
Up next: Georgia

No comments: