Friday, September 20, 2013

New Hampshire

Order in which state was run: 18



Order in which state was admitted into the union: 9




The state flag shall be of the following color and design: The body or field shall be blue and shall bear upon its center in suitable proportion and colors a representation of the state seal. The seal shall be surrounded by a wreath of laurel leaves with nine stars interspersed.

 


Date: September 30, 2006
Race: Applefest Half Marathon
City: Hollis
Cost: $25.50
 
Applefest was a wonderful stand alone half marathon in rural New Hampshire.  It was my second consecutive "New" state.  It was also the first of five back to back half marathon weekends that I've run.  I ran Applefest Saturday and then drove to Maine to run the Portland half Sunday.
 
I think this was the best I've felt 10 miles into a half marathon as I intentionally held back in order to be able run the next day.  It was also a weird feeling post race watching people enjoying post race apple crisp and then realizing I had to get cleaned up, checked out, and drive to a race expo to pick up my packet to run in another state the next morning.
 
This was also the only event that I've participated in that offered a no shirt discounted race entry fee option.  I opted for no shirt as I had way too many race shirts.
 



Up next: Maine
 
 

No comments: