Monday, March 24, 2014

Training Weeks 5-6 Recap

Wow 2 weeks have flown by since my last training update.  With less than 6 weeks to go before my race, I am now hoping to get 2 runs in per week with rowing making up the conditioning balance.  My goal is to complete the half marathon with minimal soreness post race.

Week 5 began Monday, March 10th.  The Monday to Sunday week schedule called for the following workouts:

Monday: Strength
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 7x400 speedwork
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 3 miles race pace
Sunday: 8 miles

Here's my actual week 5 workouts:
Monday: McMillan DVD beginner workout
Tuesday: 15 minutes rowing
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 15 minutes rowing
Sunday: Rest.  I ran 8 miles in week 4 so I was planning on using week 5 as a cutback week but didn't plan on a total rest day.

Week 6 began Monday, March 17th. The Monday to Sunday week schedule called for the following workouts:

Monday: Strength
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 40 minute tempo run
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 4 miles race pace
Sunday: 9 miles

Here's my actual week 6 workouts:
Monday: 15 minutes rowing
Tuesday & Wednesday: In Baton Rouge babysitting my almost 3 year old sick granddaughter.
Thursday: 15 minutes rowing
Friday: Rest.  Up and down a ladder cleaning 2 sides of my house.
Saturday: 15 minutes rowing
Sunday: 9 mile run on the Tammany Trace.  Done by The Band Perry was playing on the radio when I started my car post run.  Appropriate song I thought (All I wanna be is Done!)

No comments: