Monday, May 5, 2014

Rhode Island

Order in which state was run: 50

Order in which state was admitted into the union: 13



Placed on a white field is a circle of thirteen gold stars representing the first thirteen states. The stars surround a gold ship's anchor. The state's motto "Hope" is on a blue ribbon below the anchor.


 



Date: May 4, 2014
Race: Blackstone Valley Half Marathon
City: Pawtucket
Cost: $43.00

 
Once again, I entered a race weekend severely undertrained.  Nagging injuries the past 3 years have kept me from training.  My race goals have been to stay within an hour of my half marathon personal best time and to stay ahead of my personal worst half marathon time at Wyoming.  Wyoming was an incredibly tough course running down and then back up a mountain at altitude. 
 


Up next: Rest
 
 
 

1 comment:

SandraC said...

Pat,
The RI medal is really beautiful and I am sure has special meaning for you s it completes your collection. I really love the picture of all of your medals. That is a really creative way to display them.
Sandra