Friday, January 10, 2014

Illinois

Order in which state was run: 34


 
Order in which state was admitted into the union: 21
 

The Illinois flag is a simple representation of the Great Seal of Illinois against a white background. In 1969, the General Assembly voted to add the word "ILLINOIS" under the Great Seal of the flag. The State's name was added to the flag to ensure that people not familiar with the Great Seal of Illinois would still recognize the banner. Flag adopted 1915.

 
 
 
Date: October 12, 2008
Race: Bank of America Chicago Marathon

City: Chicago
Cost: $110.00

Race Report




Training for an October marathon meant running in hot and humid weather in Houston.  My training was sidetracked by shingles and then Hurricane Ike.  Even with the training obstacles I was able to run a marathon PR with warmer than ideal weather in Chicago. 






Date: June  4, 2011
Race: 13.1 Marathon Series

City: Chicago
Cost: $38.00

Race Report

While I an a PR marathon in Chicago, I returned to Chicago to run an Illinois half marathon.  Hot and humid weather conditions caused the race director to cancel the race prior to my finishing.  This was my first race that I started and not have an official finish time.  I did cross the finish line and did receive a medal.



Up next: Hawaii

No comments: