Saturday, December 28, 2013

Michigan

Order in which state was run: 32



Order in which state was admitted into the union: 26



The design on Michigan's deep blue field has three mottoes:
On a red ribbon - "One Nation Made Up of Many States"
On a blue shield - "I will Defend"
On a white ribbon - "If You Seek a Pleasant Peninsula, Look Around"
On the blue shield the sun rises over a lake and peninsula, a man with raised hand and holding a gun represents peace and the ability to defend his rights. The elk and moose are symbols of Michigan, while the eagle represents the United States. Flag adopted 1911.



 
Date: April 6, 2008
Race: Martian Half Marathon

City: Dearborn
Cost: $40.50


Martian half was a race put on by the Half2Run 25 half marathons in 25 states challenge so it was fitting that I include this race in my state quest.  The dri fit race shirt was the most interesting, best themed,  and loudest race shirt I ever received.  This race was run with a case of Achilles tendonitis.

 



This was the first state run after I started blogging.  My race report including a pic of the race shirt can be found here.
 
Up next: Alaska

No comments: