Saturday, April 12, 2014

Weeks 8 and 9 Training Recap

Still dealing with pain in my right Achilles so as predicted I did not run the past 2 weeks.  I kept up my conditioning by rowing.  I upped my longest row to 25 minutes in week 8 and had a couple of 30 minute sessions in week 9.

I will be running one of the two remaining races on my calendar a week from today.  The Crescent City Classic was one of the first races I ran that was longer than a 5k distance.  I'm looking forward to running the new course for the second year in a row.  I'll be working packet pickup at the expo Thursday afternoon.

Three weeks to go until my half in Rhode Island and I booked my rental car last night.  Hotwire had its lowest rates in a year so I went ahead and booked.  I normally don't wait this long to book but rates had not moved in almost a year.

I'll be flying into Boston Thursday morning and driving to Bar Harbor, Maine to sight see in Acadia National Park for a couple of days before driving down the Maine coast to Rhode Island for the Sunday race.

Last May was the last time that I traveled through an airport.  Its been at least ten years since I've gone this long without flying.  I'm looking forward to this trip!

No comments: